By Deolu Akinyemi
Revelation 21:8 “But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.
- Cowardly: Shy to share the gospel, those who like to mind their business.
Unbelieving: Taking God’s word without conviction (like reading this and wondering “it’s not a literal.”
Abominable – God has a list of abominable things:
- Offering from sinful activities Deuteronomy 23:18
- Six Sins in Proverbs 6:16-19: “These six things the Lord hates, Yes, seven are an abomination to Him: A proud look, A lying tongue, Hands that shed innocent blood, A heart that devises wicked plans, Feet that are swift in running to evil, A false witness who speaks lies, And one who sows discord among brethren.”
- Homosexuals: Leviticus 18:22
Cheating in Business – Dishonest scales Proverbs 11:1
- Someone who shuts his ears to God’s word. Like not reading this article to the end – Proverbs 28:9.
- Incest, etc. – Ezra 22:11
- Murderer – Remember hate in Jesus’ terms is murder, so by making a habit of hatred.
- Sexually Immoral – This is all too common these days, even pastors are found guilty.
- Sorcerers: Magic, spells, curses, incantations, foretelling the future, personal benefits, telling phone numbers, divination (Galatians 5:19-21). A few prominent pastors are gaining popularity from using this.
Idolaters: The placement of other things or people in the place of God. Idolatry is a matter of the heart—pride, self-centeredness, greed, gluttony, a church, a love for possessions and ultimately rebellion against God.
- Liars: A liar is someone who does not speak the truth. The truth is Jesus Christ. It’s possible to be a liar and not know – John 8:44. Not believing in the testimony of Jesus makes him a liar – 1 John 5:10. But let God be true and let every man be a liar. A liar does not accept the truth.
“Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, [a] nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.” – 1 Corinthians 6:9-11
May we be counted worthy of inheriting the Kingdom of God, in Jesus Name.